It seems like an appropriate time to express thanks, given all the gifts that have been floating around these days.
So here you have it – a short random list, in no particular order, and by no means exhaustive.
At this moment, I’m thankful for:
- waking up in the morning.
- Crispy Crunch bars.
- baking shortbread with my daughter.
- very cold, full-fat eggnog.
- head-bumps from the cats.
- fuzzy slippers.
- hot, hot showers.
- cinnamon sticks.
- the earthy smell after it rains.
- OK GO videos.
- Ralphie in A Christmas Story.
- U2’s All I Want is You, especially the string arrangements.
- my son’s enthusiasm for puns.
- my husband’s ‘voices’ when he reads stories to the children.
- smiles from strangers.
- moms and dads and siblings.
- good nurses.
- the unbridled laughter of my kids when they’re playing together.
- the hush after they’ve gone to sleep.
Wishing you peace, courage, and whatever makes you shine with gratitude.