When you’re ready to venture out – near or far – on your own:
- May you proceed with caution (this is your mother talking, after all).
- May you find the courage to wander roads rocky and unknown.
- May you relish the journey as well as the destination.
- May you realize the value of experiences over things.
- May you travel using all of your senses, an open mind, and your whole heart.
- May you remember to call your parents once in a while.
- May you always know your way home again.
For more interpretations of the WordPress weekly photo theme of Wanderlust, click here.
Two young, gleaming trumpeter swans have returned to our local pond. To better appreciate their spring makeover, have a look at the way they endured the bitter cold of early winter.
At some point, they must’ve gotten fed up with that business and made their exit – perhaps settling somewhere that didn’t necessitate hiding their beaks in their feathers to keep warm.
(I’d like to run away every winter, too, I just haven’t figured out how to make it work. No matter! Spring is here, and I have another six months to devise an escape plan.)